Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What's the best...

...invitation you've ever gotten?

Free tickets to a game?

Backstage pass to a concert?

A chance to meet someone famous?

To go somewhere you've always dreamed of?




When my in-laws celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary they went to Alaska and asked my wife and me to join them. At one point we're in a cessna flying over glaciers to get to the base camp for those hoping to climb Denali (aka Mt. McKinley). I remember thinking, "I can't believe I'm here!"

How about you? What's the best invite you've ever received?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It had to be the Ohio State - Michigan game last year with both teams undefeated. Final score OSU 42 - Michigan 39. What an experience!

No mention of the Florida game please!

Patrick said...

Back when I lived in Florida a couple of guys invited me and another guy to blow off work and go ride jet skis with them in the Gulf of Mexico. We spent the day riding in the water with dolphins and smoking $50 cigars. It doesn't sound like much, but it was awesome.

keithw said...

When we lived in Rochester, MN, I was invited to high tea with Edith Schaeffer (the wife of the late Francis Schaeffer). The afternoon consisted of a small gathering of friends having tea and small snacks and then we were all treated to a 'living room concert' by a professional pianist performing on the Steinway Grand which was the inspiration for Edith's book 'Forever Music'. This afternoon will be a special one I'll remember forever.

Micah said...

You all had some good ones, $50 dollar cigars and a professional pianist concert for 10... wow! I think the coolest one that comes to mind is when I was 16. A married couple who couldn't have kids ran an AG Edwards investment firm. I interned for them one semester and they invited me for a weekend to watch Pedro Martinez pitch against the KC royals in KC and bought me a Red Sox cap. They took me to the 2nd best barbecue joint I've ever been to (my dad's being the first, and that's being objective!).