Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Do my job for me, please.

This weekend I'm teaching on the parable of the mustard seed (Mark 4:30-32).

Jesus asked, “How can we show what the kingdom of God is like? To what can we compare it? It’s like a mustard seed planted in the ground. The mustard seed is one of the smallest seeds on earth. However, when planted, it comes up and becomes taller than all the garden plants. It grows such large branches that birds can nest in its shade.”
According to Jesus, he tells this simple story to help us understand what His Kingdom is like.

So what do you make of this? What might we learn from this word picture about what Jesus came to bring us?

1 comment:

Mrs. Needham said...

I really love what this sight has to say about the parable. I deffinately didn't know any of this.
http://www.centeringprayer.com/kingdom/kingdom05.htm