Friday, June 27, 2008

Where Ever We Find Ourselves

There are two things that strike me about Glen’s message last week.

The first is how easily some of us choose to flee difficulty without thinking though the consequences. Some of us find ourselves facing marital difficulty and our first desire is to get out. We think it will be better and easier. I often sit with people who are contemplating this reality. I try to get them to think down that path a while. One thing that every divorced or blended family will tell you is that there is never a major holiday that doesn’t bear some scar of the broken family. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas, etc. there is the tension about who will be where when. That’s life long, that’s a big deal.

The other thing that struck me is no matter what life hands us or that we create, it’s in our best interest to make the best of our circumstance; to talk out issues, to agree to work together, to resolve and not suppress issues. My wife and I had a long but good talk about an issue we are facing. I wouldn’t put it on the top of the fun to do things list but I was grateful for her willingness to broach it with me and her grace to listen.

Where ever you are in life, what ever life has handed you, embrace it and live up!

Griff

No comments: