Sunday, August 10, 2008

We need to talk… about us.


I remember once hearing a guy say something about making love to God. My first reaction to that was, “That’s inappropriate and kind of gross.” The thought though has obviously stayed with me for several years. I guess it kind of shocked me that someone would say that about God. Maybe that was his point because it stuck with me and has made me reflect on what he said.

The more I thought about it the more it seems incredibly appropriate. The more I come to understand God, the more I see our lives are supposed to be always “making love” to him. He wants us to be passionately and fully obsessed with love for Him, from Him and through Him for others. Forget the sexual thought that “making love” brings to mind (except that God gave that to us as well as our deepest level of expressing love for the one person he intended for us to share life with and he gave it to us as an act of love that brings new life. Now I am rambling, but, “How cool is God?!”) and just think about your life being an act of love to God. That gives prayer, our constant communion with God a whole new depth and texture doesn’t it? It brings a whole new picture of living out of deep intimacy and passion with him.

Hopefully you get what I am saying. I hope you have a whole new hunger and excitement for what prayer with God can bring your life. So why don’t you stop what you are doing and talk to God about what prayer, love for Him, and His love for you all have in common. Go on, talk to Him, you need to more than you know.

Griff

No comments: